11 top-rated books to read to your child 2 years old and below
There are many benefits of reading. A bedtime story each night boosts your child's literacy skills while stimulating his/her creativity. Even if your little one wants to read the same book over and over again, this also helps when learning new actions and words.
Some parents start reading as early as one-years-old with their kids. While you might wonder what's the right age to start reading, you also have to contend with which books to choose like "Do You See What I See?"
Picking the right books usually means it contains sensible and age-appropriate content, while also having high reusability.
And last but not least, there should be important lessons to take away from the books.
Here are the top 11 books that children aged 2 years and below will benefit from reading.
11 books to introduce to your baby
1. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- Written in 1994, considered a classic
- A staple introductory reading books to young children
- Bright colours
- Iconic caterpillar
- Exposes children to days of the week
- Counting numbers related to food
- Match corresponding colours
- No violence
- Something new everytime you read it
2. The Pout-Pout Fish by Deborah Diesen
P-P F is a funny story that will teach young children that they have control over how they interact with others
3. Color Me: Who's in the Water? by Surya Sajnani
4. Lift-The-Flap Questions and Answers About Space by Katie Daynes
5. Lift-The-Flap Questions and Answers about Nature by Katie Daynes and Marie-Eve Tremblay
6. Lift The Flap Questions and Answers about our world by Katie Daynes and Marie-Eve Tremblay
7. Brown Bear by Bill Martin Jr and Eric Carle
8. Bedtime Songs by Scarlett Wing and Sanja Rescek
9. Where Do Jet Planes Sleep at Night? by Brianna Caplan Sayres and Christian Slade
10. We're Going on a Bear Hunt (Classic Board Books) by Helen Oxenbury and Michael Rosen
11. Planes Go by Steve Light